Salmon Fillet braised in Spicy Tomato Sauce
David's training as a French Chef did not expose hime to exotic spices or food combinations. That influence came from his wife Sohani's South African Indian family. In particular his mother-in-law who is the cooking matriarch of the family who he has to work hard to impress. This dish is a version of one of her's and David's favourite.
- 750 g salmon fillet, skin off and cut into large cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jar Bitton Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 1 medium Spanish onion, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Extra fresh chilli (optional - for those who like it HOT)
- Crusty bread to serve
Place a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil. Place the onion into the pan and cook until just opaque. Add the garlic and fresh chilli (optional) and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes. Place the salmon fillet into the pan with the onion and garlic and seal on all sides. Then add the Bitton Gourmet Spicy Tomato Sauce and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer, turning the mixture gently, for approximately 10 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked. Add fresh coriander, remove from the heat and serve immediately with lots of fresh crusty bread.