Exotic Fruit Salad with Lemongrass Broth and Ginger Ice Cream
This is a spectacular dessert that takes advantage of the abundance of exotic fruit available in Australia – particularly at this time of year. You can use any combination of fruit such as kiwifruit, blueberries and raspberries. – anything you like! It is a perfect start to your day or end to a summer evening meal.
For the lemongrass broth:
- 200ml water
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 stick lemongrass, 20cm white part, slightly bruised with the back of a knife
For the fruit salad:
- 4 tamarillos, peeled, quartered
- 2 mangoes, peeled, sliced
- 2 dragon fruit, peeled, sliced
- 2 star fruit, washed, sliced
- good quality ginger ice cream, to serve
In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine the sugar, water and
lemongrass. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, simmer for 10 minutes.
Strain and chill in the refrigerator.
Combine the fruit of your choice in a serving bowl. Pour the chilled lemongrass broth over the top. Serve with ginger ice cream.